Mittwoch, 23. März 2011

If Walt Disney only knew...

Fun Fact: Bangladeshis don't care about copyrights. Well, let me think about it... they don't. For example if you go to "Nil Kheth", a book market near Elephant Road, and want buy any English textbook for university, you can do so for about 4 - 5 Euros. "The Godfather", "Harry Potter" or "The Da Vinci Code" are priced at about 1,10 Euros. Of course they lack in quality, but they fullfil their purpose.

The same goes for CDs and DVDs - wanna hear the latest music or watch the Oscar awarded movies? No problem. That is why you might hear a bunch of teenagers sitting in their car in Gulshan and bumping their heads to Trillville and Lil Jon ("WHUAT? - OOKAAY!"). And that is how I was able to complete my collection of Modern Talking CDs.

<3

After Kentucky Fried Chicken openend their first restaurants, you soon saw "Kentucky" all over the place, sometimes even spelled "Kentaky". I might consider buying my toothbrush at "Kentaky General Store" next time, but as of now, I'll have an ice cream with brownie at KFC.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen