Montag, 16. Mai 2011

Suit up at the "Tangail Saree House"

The "Tangail Saree House" at Bailey Road is pretty famous I was told. Well I don't know, since I don't wear any Sharees. And I really didn't have any intention to go there, I just went along for the ice cream afterwards (thanks mama).

A Sharee is a piece of cloth, really colorful with patterns. It comes in differents types of fabrics, colours and types of processing. With a length up to nine meters, the Sharee is wrapped around the hip and then draped over the shoulder. A matching blouse and pettycoat underneath complete the dress, which is typical for women in the South Asian region apart from the Shalwar Kameez. Let me give you some impressions, of how I don't walk around:
















Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen