Dienstag, 19. Juli 2011

Ironically enough, those 15 Taka days are not over

I think I already mentionend, that sometimes you are at war with Rickshaw drivers, when it comes to negotiating the fare - not only with them, but also CNG drivers. For example, after looking for options for 15 minutes how to get to our meeting at Grameenphone headquarters in Bashundara, we finally took a Rickshaw, which cost us 20 Taka. Asking a CNG before, he demanded 500 Taka straight away.

Anyways, this morning I was kind of tired of arguing with Rickshaw drivers even before I reached the place where my uncle drops me off and I take the Rickshaw to work. So I was waiting at the corner and a Rickshaw came, which I approached. I told him I wanted to go to Gulshan 2 and asked for the price. He said "20 Taka", whereupon I replied "15 Taka". He said "Brother, those 15 Taka days are over!" I was in a mood, where I would have paid the next Rickshaw driver any amount he demanded. So the next one came and I told him where I wanted to go. Ironically enough, he suggested 15 Taka. I hopped on and had a little smirk on my face...

Bargaining for five Takas is not my main occupation. At times, it is more a matter of principle. Because Rickshaw drivers always demand more in the morning and in the evening, when people go to or come from work. And there is literally no traffic, since I go through residential area.

Eventually, those 15 Taka days are not over.



Rickshaw drivers in Old Dhaka waiting for customers
  
Rickshaw fare from Gulshan-1 to Gulshan-2: 15 Taka.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen