Donnerstag, 31. Oktober 2013

Things my cousin says


Ladies and gentlemen, meet again my cousin brother Jarrar. Now two and a half years later, he is turning four years old in December.


Jarrar (middle) together with Taslima and Meem in Shahpur

I did not think that Jarrar could get any smarter, but he did. He corrects my Bangla every now and then, wants to eat an egg and cheese sandwich exactly when I am eating one and has his kind ways to blackmail me. Jarrar is at that stage now, where he questions authority, gives you “no” for an answer and sticks chewing gum in his hair. The fun parts are his sayings, when he cracks me up but I have to remain calm and act like I am taking his seriously. These are the highlights so far:
 
“Smell my hands! I washed them with soap!”

"Look! I can drink Sprite!"

"Why don't you let me watch Cartoons?" after his TV marathon of three hours

"I don't wanna wear pants!"

"Once, someone kicked me out of bed. Then ghosts came, bit me and ate all my hair. And then I went to the store and got new hair."

"Can I touch your chips?" meaning "Can I eat your chips?"

"Tewing Gum."

"I didn't throw water on the sofa. It was the ghost!"

"Pease, pease, peeease!"

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen